As a leading American manufacturer of pv modules, Suniva is known for high quality and well performing products.
The company was founded in 2007 in Norcross, Georgia. Suniva was borne out of The Georgia Institute of Technology. More specifically, it arose through work that had been done at the University Center of Excellence for Photovoltaic Research and Education. Suniva has since completed major projects both in the U.S. and India.
Suniva prides itself on locally made, high-efficiency and high-powered solar pv modules. Many of its clients prefer American made technology. The company fills this growing need in a very cost competitive way.
Solar Panel Overview For Suniva
1. Panel Types: Both Monocrystalline and Polycrystalline
2. Efficiency: Suniva has achieved a respectable 20 percent solar cell efficiency.
3. Performance Warranty: Suniva offers the standard 25 year warranty in which their panels will be producing at least 80 percent by the end of the warranty.
Suniva’s Commitment To Quality
Suniva employees a 7 point overall quality check to maintain a high quality product. Here is what it entails –
1. Extensive materials inspection: Fraunhofer certified cells used for calibration process.
2. Custom Manufacturing Execution System: traceability for all cells and in-line process metrology.
3. Daily cell performance and yield reports: weekly performance audits for cells and modules.
4. Adherence to an ISO 9001 certified facility: 60 item checklist for 100 percent inspection of each module.
5. Long term module performance testing at TUV PTL labs.
6. Electrical and visual tests applied to every cell by camera and human eyes.
7. Electronic bar code scanning for quality packaging and secure shipping.
In addition to their 7 step quality check, the company knows it must maintain quality at both the cell and module levels. The company is the first to integrate “ion implantation” in the process flow. This allows for a higher cell efficiency level while keeping costs low. Their modules are tested for salt spray exposure, coating durability, humidity exposure, hail, boiling water, frost, rapid thermal cycling, dust, and general outdoor exposures.
The Bottom Line
Suniva represents a high amount of value for those looking for American made solar panels. While the company may not be the largest solar panel manufacturer in the world, their dedication to quality and decades of solar pv research will help ensure that they will be a growing presence in the solar industry for many years to come.