The state of California continues to be the leader in total U.S. solar power installation.
California is ranked first in total installed solar capacity. With more than 24,463.96 MW of power, the state can supply clean energy to about 6,360,00 homes.*
To get connected to a trusted solar contractor near you, fill out the form on this page. To learn more about California’s solar industry, continue reading below.
More facts about the Solar Industry in California (as of 2018)*:
- Prices for installed solar in California have fallen 47% in the last 5 years.
- More than $60 billion was invested in the California solar industry at every level – residential, commercial, and utility. About $5.78 billion was invested in 2018.
- More than 2,807 solar companies do business in California. These companies employee 76,838.
Installers continue to take advantage of California’s great solar environment. There are three main aspects of this environment that make solar a winner in this state –
- California has a very progressive stance on clean energy initiatives. This has made it easier for solar companies to start up businesses.
- The state also has some of the highest utility rates, making solar energy a cost effective choice for consumers.
- Much of California experiences abundant sunshine throughout the year, making solar quite effective.
While many of the 1,332 solar installers in California can be found in the State’s largest urban areas such as San Francisco (and the surrounding Bay Area) and Los Angeles, there are many contractors across the state.
There are installers all across the state’s coast – from Eureka up north, down to the considerable San Diego solar market. As far as the inland cities are concerned, there are contractors covering all areas including Palm Springs, Riverside, San Bernardino, Bakersfield, Fresno, Modesto, Stockton, Sacramento, and Redding. Many smaller towns also have local contractors or those willing to travel somewhat outside their territory.
Many of the state’s residents now have a decent number of contractors to choose from. While on the surface this may sound like a good thing, finding the right installer can be quite challenging. Solar-Power-Now.com only works with the most affordable and most qualified installers.
*Information and figures gathered from seia.org.