With more than 2,732 MW of solar energy installed, New Jersey ranks sixth in total cumulative solar electric capacity. This is enough energy to power 450,548 homes. There are more than 372 solar panel installers in the Garden State.*
To get connected to a local, trusted New Jersey solar contractor, fill out the form on this page. Continue reading for more information on the state of New Jersey’s solar industry.
More numbers on the state’s solar industry (as of 2018)*.
- A total of $9.147 billion has been invested in New Jersey’s solar market.
- There are more than 591 solar companies in the state. These companies employ more than 6,410 people.
- Solar installation prices have dropped 47 percent the last five years.
What makes solar power so attractive in New Jersey? More facts:
- New Jersey, as well as most of the north-eastern states, have high utility rates. Rate payers routinely pay 15-20 cents per kilowatt hour.
- The state is very progressive concerning solar power. Policies are set forth to promote net metering, advance interconnection protocols, and make available solar renewable energy certificates. The state also has an aggressive Renewables Portfolio Standard. At least 22.5% of the state’s power must come from renewable sources by 2021.**
Given the state’s relatively small size, many of New Jersey’s solar installers’ territories includes the whole state, as well as cities in nearby states. There are now solar contractors that have locations virtually throughout the state. From Lower Township to Vernon Township, the state’s contractors are numerous. The largest markets include: Newark, Jersey City, Elizabeth, Paterson, Edison, Woodbridge, Toms River, Trenton, Camden, Clifton, Cherry, Brick, Middletown, and Atlantic City.
As with most states, there is currently a wide selection of solar installers to choose from in New Jersey. The more affordable ones can be more difficult to find. This is where Solar-Power-Now.com can help. Your research has been done for you. Fill out the form on this page and gain access to the best deals on solar available.
*Information and figures gathered from seia.org.
**Information and figures gathered from dsireusa.org.